How is the skin affected by aging? Yes, there is hope!
The collagen in the skin is affected by age in various ways. The skin becomes thinner and drier, and develops sags and wrinkles due to the collagen and elastin becoming disconnected. Says, Dr. Jeffrey Spiegel, M.D. In his Article: What is collagen and what happens to it when we age?
Dr. Spiegel also states:
- Growth of new cells slow down dramatically.
- Dull colored skin can occur as the dead cells do not shed as quickly.
- Aging skin is more susceptible to the development of brown spots on the face and body.
- Intrinsic aging (hereditary) Extrinsic aging (caused by tobacco and environmental factors).
- Smoking-contains chemicals that stimulate collagen-destroying enzymes and slows down the cells which produce collagen by 40%.
There is Hope!
Dr. Lucy Pure Natural Skincare's Ultra Moisturizer and Hydrating 2n1 Serum contain Hyaluronic Acid(vegan). Unlike collagen, Hyaluronic Acid is able to penetrate the skin's upper layers to improve and benefit the skin.
Hyaluronic Acid is a major component of skin, where it benefits tissue repair and protection.
Dr. Lucy Pure Natural Skincare...The French Way is Different!
It's Your Skin...Feed It, Love It, Live in It!